I. Từ vựng
- to manage [‘mænidʒ] (v) = to run (v): quản lý
- Holiday tour (n): chuyến đi nghỉ mát
- local guide (n): người hướng dẫn địa phương
- to accompany [ə’kʌmpəni] (v): đi cùng, hộ tống
- foreign visitor (n): khách nước ngòai
- willingness [‘wiliηnis] (n): sự sẵn sàng
II. Cấu trúc cần lưu ý
- to contact with (v): liên lạc với
III. Hướng dẫn giải bài tập:
Task 1: Work in pairs. Read the following advertisement and fill in the notes. (Làm việc từng đôi. Đọc bài quảng cáo sau và điền vào những điểm ghi chú.)
English-speaking Tour Guides Wanted
Bạn đang xem bài: Writing – Unit 6: Future jobs – Công việc tương lai
We are a travel company managing holiday tours. We need English – speaking local guides to accompany foreign visitors on trips throughout Vietnam. If you have a high school diploma, have experience as a tour guide, a good manner, speak fluent English and are willing to work hard for long hours, please contact: The Manager, Vinatour, 450 Nguyen Du Street, Hanoi. Telephone No: 04 824 0139.
- Type of job : Tour guide
- Level of education needed ;high school diploma
- Work experience: experience as a tour guide, fluent English
- Character and interests: good manner, willing to work hard for long hours
Task 2: Write a letter to Vinatour, applying for the job mentioned in the advertisement in Task 1. Your letter should include the following details.
(Viết một lá thư đến Vinatour, xin việc làm đề cập đến ờ bài quảng cáo ở Task 1. Thư của em phải bao gồm những chi tiết sau.)
- Your name, address and date of writing
- Name and address of the company
- Introduction: say where you saw the advertisement and why you are writing the letter of application
- Body: mention your education, work experience and your character / interests
- Conclusion: express your willingness to work for the company and when you are available for interview
Gợi ý viết thư:
Dear Mr Manager,
I would like to apply for the job of tour guide which I have seen advertised in the local paper.
I finished my high school education three years ago. Since then I have worked as a guide in tourism. For the past six months, I have been working for the Intour. With my previously gained experience, I know many tourist destinations in Vietnam, and I am willing to work hard for long hours.
I speak English fluently, and I have been studying Japanese for four years, I hope it could be a strongpoint that can be used in my job in your company.
I hope you will consider my application.
Le Thi Yen